FSC® works to improve forest management worldwide, and through certification creates an incentive for forest owners and managers to follow best social and environmental practices. The growing demand for FSC® certified products tells forest owners that businesses and consumers prefer products from well managed forests.
This incentive brings direct benefits to the forest, such as protecting
biodiversity, indigenous peoples' rights, worker’s rights, and areas of
significant environmental or cultural importance. FSC® provides a connection
between the forest and the end user, ensuring that products with the FSC® label
uphold principles and criteria which bring the highest social and environmental
FSC® certification can positively impact workers and communities, shift
globally and change economic and environmental conditions
in the forest. This impact improves conditions such as conflict over land tenure
and use, worker's health and safety, biodiversity conservation, protection of
endangered species and participatory forest policy.
By working to promote environmentally and socially beneficial forest
management, FSC® helps both local communities and society at large to enjoy
long-term benefits of managing forests in a responsible way. As the world's
most respected forest certification scheme, FSC® is a global system with
certificates issued in all forest types around the world.
When forest operations meet FSC® requirements, the materials and products carry
the FSC® label and provide businesses and consumers with a powerful tool to
influence how forests worldwide are managed.
Ellpro Timber Ltd is committed to ensuring our activities have minimal impact on the environment. As such, we present here the actions we take to adhere to our commitment.
· We declare that we would never engage with companies or individuals involved in sourcing timber illegally. We will never accept wood or forest products derived from illegal logging.
· We will not allow ourselves to be involved directly or indirectly with any violations of traditional and human rights in forestry operations.
· Ellpro Timber Ltd will not source any timber species prohibited under appendix 1 of the Convention of International Trade of Endangered Species (CITES)
· None of our products shall be sourced from areas where there is significant conversion of forests to plantation or other non-forestry use. Forest managers must be able to demonstrate they have a programme of re-planting in place.
· Ellpro Timber will avoid making any misleading or unsubstantiated claims relating to the environmental credentials of our suppliers or products.
· We will not allow ourselves to be involved directly or indirectly with any violations of the core conventions of the ILO as defined in the declaration of fundamental principles of rights at work, 1998.
· Ellpro Timber Ltd is against the introduction of genetically modified organisms used in any forestry operations.
Ellpro Timber recognises that FSC® certification is one of the most effective schemes for ensuring high standards in forestry management. A copy of our FSC® certificate is available on request or can be downloaded from the link above.
All of our timber is sourced from within the EU. In instances where our supplier is placing timber on the EU Market for the first time they are obliged to comply with the procedures laid down by the European Union Timber Regulation (EUTR). Operators are required to show due diligence when sourcing timber and they must keep records to provide transparent information on supply chains.
If you require further information on any of the points set out in our statement please email us at email@example.com